The Ministry of Health confirmed Trinidad and Tobago’s sixth and seventh cases of coronavirus Covid-19 today. Both cases, like the previous five, were declared to be imported.
Trinidad and Tobago closes its borders at 12.01am on Wednesday, in an attempt to slow the rate of infection on the twin island republic.
Members of the public are urged to:
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are unavailable;
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose tissue immediately after using, or cough and sneeze into crook of your elbow;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Practice social distancing—that is no kissing, hugging or hand-shaking, and avoid mass gatherings;
- Sanitise hard surfaces as often as possible, such as tabletops, handrails, doorknobs and trolleys;
- Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms;
- Stay home if you are ill.