DIRECTV Sports warmed up for its Brazil 2014 World Cup coverage at the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup from which all matches were broadcast in high-definition.
At the 2014 World Cup, all 64 matches will be broadcast live and in high definition and additional channels will be activated to allow viewers to enjoy matches played simultaneously.
DIRECTV Sports will also deliver complementary programming on separate channels, which will include analysis before and after each match, daily information about the tournament, live coverage from different points throughout Brazil and correspondents in the stadiums and training centres.
“It’s a tradition for DIRECTV Sports, while a challenge, to be present at major sporting events globally providing our viewers in Latin America and the Caribbean with an experience leaving them as if they were in the playing fields,” said Platão Rocha, Vice President of Content Development and Production of DIRECTV Latin America. “This challenge is back for Brazil 2014. DIRECTV Sports will provide the most coverage for the next World Cup by offering exclusive broadcasts, the latest technology, HD programming and unique interactive benefits.
“We know what football fans want and DIRECTV Sports, will show the World Cup as real as it gets.”
DIRECTV’s interactive channel 600 will be transformed into a space devoted entirely to Brazil 2014 where you can find information about the teams, players and get instant updates and results.
Football fans can also watch live matches from different angles on one screen through an interactive mosaic made possible by a multi-camera system. There will be at least four cameras simultaneously providing coverage from different points for everyone to choose what is most comfortable or simply choose to see all the options simultaneously.
Viewers will also be able choose which reporters and commentators they want to hear by changing the audio options on the remote control.
“DIRECTV Sports is the best place for live sports,” said Guillermo Barreto, Director of Sports Programming DIRECTV Latin America. “With every transmission we think of the fans. The rights we acquire from the respective bodies allow us to provide viewers with unique programming, including the issuance of nearly a thousand hours of high definition exclusive content live.”
The following is a summary of the most prominent programming from DIRECTV Sports:
• Football: For the seventh year the Spanish League returns with live exclusive broadcasts. To this is added one debut: COPA EUROAMERICANA, a football competition organized by DIRECTV.
• Basketball: DIRECTV Sports provides 1 exclusive game every week of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Coverage will also include International Basketball Federation (FIBA), the South American Basketball League (LSB) and the Euroleague games.
• Tennis: DIRECTV Sports delivers the highest coverage of the ATP and WTA tournaments including exclusive broadcasts.
• Complementary Programming such as the National Basketball Association (NBA) Pass, National Football League (NFL) and Major League Baseball (MLB).
• Live streaming on directvsports.net