The Ministry of Health has reported nine new Covid-19 cases over the last 24 hours. Two of those positive readings came from the Costa Favolosa cruise ship. However, no information was given on the other seven cases.
Chief medical officer Dr Roshan Parasram said the government stopped informing the public about even the age and sex of patients, due to ‘doctor-patient confidentiality’.
At present, the Health Ministry has restricted its information to number of tests, positives, deaths, discharge and a counter for cruise ship voyagers.
As of this morning, there were 487 samples provided to CARPHA, 74 positive reports, two deaths and one discharge. The Costa Favolosa cruise accounts for 49 of those positives—with 46 from the 68 voyagers quarantined in Balandra and three from the five travellers who returned home separately and were kept at another facility.
The Ministry of Health continues to urge members to:
- Wash your hands properly with soap and water, or alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are unavailable;
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose tissue immediately after using, or cough and sneeze into crook of your elbow;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Practice social distancing—that is no kissing, hugging or hand-shaking, and avoid mass gatherings;
- Sanitise hard surfaces as often as possible, such as tabletops, handrails, doorknobs and trolleys;
- Avoid close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms;
- Stay home whether you are ill or not, unless you belong to an ‘essential service’.