The Ministry of Health announced seven more confirmed cases of Covid-19 on the morning of 7 August, which brought the total number of positives since the onset of the pandemic to 217. There have been 65 local infections in the past 19 days.
From the seven latest positives, three are ‘contacts of recently positive Covid-19 patients’ and four are ‘pending epidemiological investigation’.
Covid-19 in numbers
Local infections of Covid-19 in first wave (27 March to 26 April)
- 50 cases in 31 days.
Local infections of Covid-19 in second wave (20 July to 7 August)
- 65 cases in 19 days.
The Ministry of Health reminds members of the public to:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public;
- Keep your distance from others (six feet);
- Stay home if you are ill;
- Clean then sanitise surfaces, such as tabletops, door knobs and cell phones;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based sanitiser;
- Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow;
- Avoid touching your face.
Persons are urged to call Covid-19 hotline numbers: 877-WELL, 87-SWRHA or 877-3742 (Trinidad) and 800-HEAL (Tobago) if they feel unwell; or they can report a possible breach of Covid-19 regulations by calling 555, or sending messages—inclusive of photographs and videos—to the Police App or via Whats App to 482-GARY.