“[…] Please explain why the TTFA membership should retain you as president when you admitted freely in the press that you signed multi-million dollar contracts in excess of amounts approved by the board of directors; and you also admitted to signing contracts that you specifically hid from the TTFA Board Of Directors and this is clearly incompetence on your part…”
The following Letter to the Editor, which raises 19 questions for Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace, was submitted to Wired868 by Eastern Football Association (EFATT) president and TTFA Board member Kieron Edwards:
In relation to the extraordinary general meeting of TTFA scheduled for 9:00am on Sunday 25th October 2020, we would like you to answer the following questions:
1. How are you going to pay the coaches and technical staff that you hired within the first four months of your term? Most notably the contract of the head coach Terry Fenwick who you agreed to pay over twenty thousand US dollars per month?
2. How are you going to pay Peter Miller with whom you signed a contract for twenty-five thousand US dollars per month?
3. How are you going to pay the administrative staff at the TTFA’s offices? Most notably the contract of the general secretary, who you [allegedly] agreed to pay eight thousand US dollars per month?
4. How are you going to pay the TTFA debt of approximately seventy million dollars without Fifa and government financial support?
5. Is the TTFA going to honour the contracts of Terry Fenwick, Peter Miller and Ramesh Ramdhan even though they were not approved by the TTFA Board of Directors and they were executed by you personally without proper authorisation?
6. As per your promise, how are you going to operate and finance the local football leagues in Trinidad and Tobago? Particularly, tier one, tier two and zonal football?
7. How are you going to operate and finance the women’s football league in Trinidad and Tobago?
8. How are you going to repair the public image of the TTFA given the suspension of Trinidad and Tobago from all international football, which has never happened before?
9. How are you going to repair the relationships with Fifa and the government?
10. Can you explain the path for our senior men’s national team and youth national team to compete in the World Cup and Gold Cup qualifiers and tournaments?
11. Can you explain the path for our referees to referee in international tournaments?
12. How are you going to attract corporate sponsors when Trinidad and Tobago are not allowed to compete in international tournaments?
13. How are you going to operate the association when you and the other members of the United TTFA [are] banned by Fifa permanently?
14. Please explain your contravention of Article 1 item 3 of the TTFA constitution? ‘Article 1.3 TTFA is a Member of Fifa, Concacaf and Cfu.’
15. Please explain your contravention of Article 15 item b and c of the TTFA constitution? Article 15.1 states: ‘The general meeting may expel a member if:
b) it seriously violates the statutes, regulations, directives or decisions of Fifa, Concacaf, Cfu and TTFA;
c) it brings a dispute to an ordinary court, except in cases where the Fifa, Concacaf or TTFA regulations or binding legal provisions specifically provide for or stipulate recourse to ordinary courts.
16. Please explain why the TTFA membership should retain you as president when you admitted freely in the press that you signed multi-million dollar contracts in excess of amounts approved by the board of directors; and you also admitted to signing contracts that you specifically hid from the TTFA Board Of Directors and this is clearly incompetence on your part.
17. Please explain, why you have blatantly ignored the wishes of the members of TTFA as a significant majority of members have communicated informally with you to cease the court action and you have refused to do so.
18. Please explain, why the prime minister and minister of sports have also tried to persuade you and your associates known as the United TTFA to cease your court action and to comply with the requests of Fifa but here too you have ignored the highest authority in Trinidad and Tobago?
19. Please explain why you have breached Article 39.d of the TTFA constitution which states as follows: ‘The president […] is primarily responsible for: d) relations between TTFA and its members, Fifa, Concacaf, Cfu, political bodies and other organisations.’
You should note, that your failure to answer any or all of the aforementioned questions satisfactorily would result in the membership of TTFA acquiring a lack of confidence in your ability to hold your post of president.
As such, I look forward to your answers in this matter raised above and should you require any further clarification, please feel free to contact the under sign at your convenience.